Monday 6 July 2009

night at Sadler's Wells


„As a child I wanted to draw reality and all images I associated with it. The clouds and what I could see in them, and people and the shadows they cast. It was my way of interpreting the reality around me. But eventually the two dimensions were no longer enough. Then I started dancing, and the nice thing about dancing is that you have to dance constantly to see the drawing. Dancing, you are both: the pencil and the draughtsman. Dance is a temporary drawing and an atemporal state” - Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui

..a beautiful piece of art has been transposed on stage by Belgian/Moroccan choreographer Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui created together with visual artist Antony Gormley, the composer Szymon Brzóska and monks from Shaolin temple, inspired by their strength and spirituality..
..absolutely magical, Sutra, touched my heart and for almost 2h I felt myself beeing transported in that mystic and ancient world of shaolin warriors..

No comments:

Post a Comment